6D changed the helmet industry forever in 2013 with the introduction of the revolutionary ATR-1 off-road motorcycle helmet, with its patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology. 6D's ODS technology has been studied, analyzed and tested by some of the greatest minds in head protection and has proven itself effective all around the glove across multiple helmet platforms. The exceptional 6D ATR-1 revolutionized helmet design and kicked off a technology race to improve helmet safety performance.
Introducing the all new ATR-2; the next level in brain protection. The 6D ATR-2 is the most advanced energy management device ever manufactured for offroad motorcycle competition or recreational riding.
Infused with the exceptional DNA of the original ODS technology, but evolved to a whole new level with high-tech materials and design influenced by our work inside the NFL's Head Health Challenge III competition.
A helmet within a helmet:
- Replaceable Inner EPS Liner
- Multi-Impact Outer EPP Liner
- Progressive EPP Damping Towers
- Low-Friction Disks
- Isolation Dampers
- Increased ODS Displacement Travel (+30%)
- Improved Linear and Angular Acceleration Mitigation
- Optimized lightweight Tri-Composite Shell - 3 Shell Sizes
- Cervical Protection Zone at the lower rear shell area
- Brow Rib increases shell integrity above the eyeport
- Clavicle Cut-Away
- 9 Intake Ports and 6 Exhaust Ports work in unison with the Air Gap Ventilation System
- Removable, Washable Comfort Liner features Genuine Dri-Lex® anti-bacterial fabric
- Emergency Quick-Release Cheek Pads
- PU-Over Molded EPP Lined Chin Bar includes 6D's exclusive Sternum Pad
- Goggle Band integrated shell recess at the eyeport area improves goggle fit and seal
- Shear-Away Visor Screws
- Nose Guide provides improved roost protection
- Titanium D-Rings
- Lighter overall weight +/- 1480 grams/3.26lbs (size M)
- Exceeds DOT, ECE, AC and ASTM Standards
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
ATR-2 Size Chart
Rebuildable Advanced ODS System:
One of the amazing aspects of this helmet is the ability to rebuild it from the inside out. Simply return the complete helmet to Northern Accessories, where it will be inspected to ensure the outer shell still retains its structural integrity. Once passed, a complete new inner can be purchased and fitted by our technicians. We envisage this process to take 5 (five) working days from the retail shop sending to return. Fitting is at no charge.
What's different and why is it important?
The ATR-2 with advanced ODS is evolved to provide improved performance in both linear and angular acceleration mitigation, and is also easily rebuildable for a potentially longer service life. This improves rider safety and saves the consumer money.
Designed with the singular goal of building the safest, most effective helmet imaginable.
- Elastomeric Isolation Dampers
- Optimized Shell Design
- New Safety Features
- EPP Lined Chinbar